Hey guys !
I have tested for you an ayurvedic recipe that creates an immediate healthy glow effect !
Be advised though… it will take no more than 15 minutes MAX :).
WHAT TIME IS IT ?? It is time to make your own homemade turmeric face mask !!
Preparation time : 5 min
Application time : 5 to 10 min
Great, what are the ingredients ?
For this, you will need :
- a dairy product
Why these products?
- Honey : absorbs and retains skin moisture in addition to being antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant (delays cell aging).
- Dairy products : the lactic acid, lactose and lactates contained in dairy products have moisturizing properties. Its slightly acidic pH would help rebalance the pH of the skin.
- Turmeric : the curcumin it contains is a very powerful antioxidant, giving it regenerating and healing properties. It is also an excellent antibacterial, effective against acne and age spots. Turmeric is very good on your plate but also in your cosmetics !
What products do I buy ?
In the example below I have chosen French or EU products because I live in France. If you live anywhere else, just buy organic and local as much as you can :).
For honey I chose a french brand which harvests organic honey from EU, les Ruchers d’Antonin Bio :
For the dairy product, I picked sheep’s milk cheese of the french brand VRAIE :
For turmeric, I selected the superb french brand of ayurvedic tea, I named Atma :
How much do I need ?
Nothing easier, take:
- a small bowl and a teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of white cheese
Let’s stir it all up !
Hey hey hey, do not eat it unless you have some leftovers after you’ve spread it all over your face and neck 😉
The mixture is a little liquid but won’t run down, no worries !
All right, now can I spread it ?
Not right away. First of all :
- Warm your face with a little warm to hot water
- Gently dry your face with light dabbing movements using a towel
- Spread the mixture on your skin (I put 2 layers on after waiting 2 minutes for the first layer to stick a little).
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the sensitivity of your skin (if it tingles, remove it!).
- Rinse with cold water
- Wipe your face with a clean towel and dab it lightly.
- Moisturize your face with your favorite cream.
For my part, I sprayed a bit of floral water on my face (rose, lavender, peppermint… whatever you like !) then applied aloe vera which has the property of tightening the pores and helping to heal scars better.
What’s next ?
Drink a bit of water ! Why is that ?
- Because we usually don’t drink enough (water).
- Because it’s always good to hydrate yourself to have a nice skin :).
Then look at the result and admire this new skin with a radiant complexion and tightened pores !
Feel free to do this mask once a week if you’re happy with the results ! It will be YOUR cocooning moment of the week 💆.
If you liked this recipe, please let me know as a comment or give me your best homemade recipes 🙂
Take care of yourself,
Photo credits: Elodie, @Pexels, @flaticon
Founder of Happyethics.com